A while ago I read a little bit of a diary that my mother kept when she was in grade school.
It was so crazy to be reading broken sentences and mispelled words.
Who could have thought that my mom was that young and naive.
But she was also cute, caring, sensitive, and neurotic like me.
She worried about things that didn't need to be worried about.
Just like me.
So many things we have in common.
It was so great to take a little look into her past and realize that once she was just like me.
There was a time when she was exactly my age and she was dealing with the same issues.
So far as I know, there aren't any other diary entries past those few that I read.
I can see some of her work from high school but it really isn't the same.
I would love to be able to hear her voice from high school
-advil break-
Okay now I am back.
My conclusion is that I am writing this for my theoretical children/child.
Hopefully one day they will be in the exact position that I am right now.
Young.
Scared.
Exhillerated.
happy.
wondering.
exploring.
sad.
tired.
always pushing for more.
Maybe they will be in college, or maybe they won't.
Starting a family might be their priority.
I could be a grandparent by that time.
Who knows?
I've decided that there is no predetermined path for our lives.
Yet God does have a plan for us.
I think it is based on the everyday.
It is ever changing.
I think that God chooses to do this by giving us certain tests and tasks that we are involved in.
By choosing certain circumstances, He is saying, through your love for me do your best.
By doing your best, you are choosing your path.
By doing your worst, you are choosing your path.
My choice to believe that I can do my best this term and that I will succeed in that, will lead me on a good path.
The friends that I chose and the man that I plan to marry are my good paths.
Dale chose a bad path.
He chose the path of least resistance.
He chose to be complacent and to not work for his dreams.
He knew where these things would lead him.
Turning your back on God and your family is never the right choice.
Well tonight was a good night.
Harvest moons are always very pretty.
Law and Order: SVU is on, I can't keep typing.
Peace
Steph
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Why should I write?
Posted by stephanie at 7:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment