So today is my 22nd birthday.
Technically we are going to be celebrating it this Sunday because of my tonsillectomy.
This is now day 12 post-op.
I will definitely say that I am doing much better than I was doing.
I have found that many people find it comforting to write about every hour of their recovery, including pictures.
I was going to try and write about how things went down, what it was like, perhaps it would help me or others to understand what it is like.
There is only one problem with that scenario, I don't remember much detail from the recovery.
That's not to say that its over, but the most gruesome details are behind me.
I haven't been able to write anything about the worst days of my recovery.
Maybe someday I will.
But hey I just sneezed for the first time in over a week.
Sneezing and coughing are things that you take for granted when you have scabs in the back of your throat.
The only symptoms that I have right now are as follows:
-slight, uncomfortable pain in the left side of my throat
-a tiny bit of ear pain.
I think that without my huge, nasty tonsils my throat doesn't know what to do with itself.
I need to research the aftereffects of the medications that I was taking because I have had some severe bouts of dry mouth.
I remain committed to my recovery and this is what that means:
1. I will try my darndest to remain positive about every aspect of my life. I graduate from college in three terms and I need to savor these last precious moments of college.
2. Last term I worked my tail off to get two A's and a B. This term I know is going to be more intense because I am taking two extra classes. I will take comfort in the support of my friends and family.
This is my schedule for next term and I think that I should make a plan so that I can survive it. My first idea was that I am going to start packing my lunches and/or eat at whole foods. I sure wish that I had a more comfortable car to sit in because mine is just so not conducive to rest. Anyways here is my schedule:
Monday:
12:45pm-4:30pm-------AD Concept III
6:00pm-9:45pm--------Technical Design
Tuesday:FREE
Wednesday:
6:00pm-8:45pm--------Dress and Society I
Thursday: FREE
Friday:
9:00am-11:45pm-------Marketing
12:45pm-4:30pm--------Computer Patt. II
I suppose that when you have two days off out of the week..that isn't so bad. I just made myself some no sugar added hot cocoa in the cute mug that renee and joey got me for christmas so I think that I will end this with a list of some of the things that I want to do this winter.
1.Maybe create a small winter or christmas wall hanging quilt.
2. Do some watercoloring
3.watch christmas movies ( the santa claus, home alone, white christmas...etc.)
Peace
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Happy 22nd Birthday To Me
Posted by stephanie at 8:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment