Wednesday, July 1, 2009

An update on what's been going on!

It is almost midnight and I am wide awake. I can not go to sleep because the dishwasher is going and also the washing machine is turning away. If I were to try and sleep with those two things I would wake up with every little sound. Ryan gets home around 3 am and I am thinking that I will stay up and wait for him. It has been so hard to stay by myself at night and get a good nights sleep. I sleep so good when he is here because I do not have to worry about every little sound.

The Spring cleaning is almost done...or coming close to being done. I am getting rid of some of my clothes. It was very hard to decide what to give away. I have shopping memories of every piece that I have and I hate to just throw them away. Plus what if I give something away that I really wanted. I am also having trouble with my shoes. If people were to come into my closet and see the amount of shoes and clothing that I have they would die. Last time I counted I had close to 80 pairs of jean or pants. I could go 80 days without wearing the same pants. ugh!

I just had an idea this afternoon that I could put some of Ryan's books in the closet because there is more room in their now. We still have boxes of Ryan's books. Kinda ticks me off because I didn't bring my books yet I have to suffer with his heavy ass book boxes in our kitchen this last half of a year. We need a house! This apartment is too small.

In some more complicated news, last Thursday I got word that my grandpa died suddenly of a heart attack while doing yard work. This is something that I have been struggling with because we were really close when I was younger but he did some really bad things over the years and I don't feel the same about him as I did. Nonetheless it is always sad when someone you loved dies. Today was the viewing and tomorrow is the funeral. So wish me luck and courage as I try and sort out my emotions in relation to his existence and death. Also he wasn't my biological grandpa and I think that has played a part in it over the years.

School ended July 12th and I officially have a 4.0 gpa. On my way to a masters! I was so nervous that I would do well. Next term I am taking a theories of personality class that should be interesting. I've ordered my books and all I have to do is wait for the class to start. I am still a little nervous but I have such a great support team/group/family/friends that I know I can do anything.

In happy news, my mother and I are going on a trip to Las Vegas. We leave July 5th and come back on the 9th. I think I really need a vacation and can't wait to just relax with my momma, eat good food, play the penny slots, soak up some sun (w/ sunscreen)and enjoy the atmosphere.

I used my airline miles to get a subscription to the Wall Street Journal and I've been reading it everyday and I feel so smart, which isn't the truth at all but maybe some good will come out of it. It's nice since we don't have television its like watching the news. I love the news. I am definitely the farthest thing from a gossiper but I love to be in the know. I need to KNOW! I would have been a great detective.

Currently I am loving on my box fan from the 70's. If I did not have that little thing I would be dead right now.

I am so excited to receive the fabric and notions that Rebecca is sending me to make her flower girl dress that Renee will be wearing. Its funny because I have the necessary skill set to pull this off and I have made many more complicated things in my life but I am freaked out cause what if they don't like it or something then its all my fault...scary.

I miss my puppy dog...although she isn't really a puppy anymore she will always be my baby dog. Here time is numbered. She is severely slow and you can just tell that her time is coming.


Isn't she sweet! Ignore my mom's leg in the background

0 comments: