Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Second Half of My Break

To be completely honest I only have a memory of going to one bridal shower and that was in high school.
I know that I went to some when I was little.
But I don't really remember those.
So I think it makes it a little bit more exciting for me.
Do some people dread coming to showers like some dread weddings? I don't know!

Today is the day that the hair is getting cut and colored.
I'm expecting that it will need a check up closer to the wedding.
But this will give me time to see if I like it.

I'm watching GetMarried right now on Lifetime and some of the weddings that they show are just awful.
Favor giving has gotten out of control.
And who said that you have to give everyone a twenty dollar favor anyways.
It seems to me like they are just trying to rub it in how much they've spent on the occasion rather than giving the guests something useful.
I am making little mint candies and purchasing some yummy m&m's.
Hopefully no one is dissapointed by not recieving a plastic shoe to take home with them.

I have to pack some clothes and such for the Lake Merwin one-nighter.
Then I need to pack for the Reno vacation.
But first I need to do some laundry.
I've been living in old, oversized T-shirts the past couple of days.
Now I've got to say goodbye to them and hello to clean, non-homeless looking clothes.

66 days to the wedding.
My biggest worry is where are we going to live.
Will I find a job?
It seems that jobs in my industry are few and far between.
I guess I'm just going to have to be agressive.


Here is a list of things that I am looking forward to:
Graduating
Being married
Getting a dog
Getting our first real Christmas tree
Everyday life
Going to a job that I enjoy
Getting a new car


A little note about the dog thing,
I am a little apprehensive about living without a dog.
I have always had a dog to comfort me and to take care of.
I think I need the stress reducing properties of a dog.

0 comments: