Monday, May 5, 2008

Summer

So hopefully based on the present weather, summer will soon be here to stay. It will be so excited to go to school this summer with the sun all shiny and people walking their doggies, eating ice cream and smackin their bratty kids. No joke people, what is with parents these days. Please be kind to your children. There is a serious lack of control, either they are hitting them and yelling or they are being hit by their children. I think I've been watching too much Nanny 911!

Ruthie and I are trying to come up with a good idea for our graduation. We have been working so hard and we first thought that we would have a graduation party. That's the first thing that really comes to mind. I mean when you spend four years working towards something it deserves a little recognition and I don't want it to get lost in the wedding planning/wedding itself. On Friday we talked about going on a trip somewhere, possibly with whoever could come. My mom and Ryan expressed interest in coming and if Ruthie's mom could go that would be so much fun. But we still have to plan things or even decide on what to plan.

Last wednesday I had my sr. collection midterm and it went very well. I have some minor things that I have to fix but I did my best. Right before I was about to go into my midterm, I was thinking that it would have been easier if I hadn't done my best because I could take criticism better than if I did work my very hardest and still was criticized. Thankfully I was able to go in their with some confidence in myself. Nonetheless, it is over! and here are some picture of my collection that don't do it justice because I have a crappy dress form that is not shaped like a human! Plus I didn't iron them before so they are a little wrinkle from their return back home.
This is my first dress that I am doing and it is fully lined with an invisible zipper in the back with self faced cap sleeves and a silk hem. The body fabric is a wool/lycra blend and the lining is rayon ambiance.
Photobucket
This is the overdress that is made from silk chiffon and a cotton/lycra blend. the top is interfaced with knit interfacing and the hem is a baby hem. This one has been a little booger!
Photobucket
Here is the second ensemble that I did. The pants are a wide leg pant that are a wool/lycra blend with a contoured waistband and pockets in the front, no pockets in the back for a smoother look and only a hook at the center front so that they pant lies smoother. The top is a knit cotton/lycra blend turtleneck with dolman sleeves, which essentially means there is no armscye, just a seam along to upper arm and then one along the lower arm going down the side. Its meant to drape gracefully on the arms, if the dress form had ARMS!
Photobucket

Next up I will be doing two more dresses, one a wool sheath dress with silk color blocking and the other a silk, pleated, sleeveless party dress!I have my work cut out for me but getting those first done was a big part. Just two more to go, thats what I keep telling myself.

Also I have begun making my wedding bouquets and here is a picture of my finished one, I still have to make my throw away bouquet.
Photobucket



Oh and something else. I was at dress barn and when we walked in there was a Mary Kay lady there with her little table set up. My mom has been searching for some makeup that won't break her out. We have very sensitive skin and with the new mineral makeup that they are coming out with and have had for the past couple of years now seemed like the right time so it was actually just a coincidence that we met that lady because we were planning a trip to Ulta later that day. Anyways we entered a contest for $25 of free makeup and she called me last night to tell me that I've won. We were going to do a makeup party anyways but this just makes the deal sweeter.

0 comments: